BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

I cried today

I came home today from working in Coeur d'Alene Idaho for the week. Michael said on the phone that he had a surprise for me. When I got home he gave me a huge hug and promptly told me he was running to get me my "special surprise!" About a minute later he ran back in to the house and, while giggling, proceeded to spray me with water from a new squirty fish he got at the store. Man I love my son!!!!

Finlei was sleeping when I got home so Michael and I were able to play in the yard for about an hour before she woke up. When I heard her cry out in her room I walked in to say hello and get her up. Her immediate response was a huge smile. I cannot believe what it does to me when she smiles. I feel like my soul fills to overflowing with joy.

She sings!!! As I walked around and held her she opened her mouth and sang aaahhhhh, over and over. As she did, she looked at me with her eyebrows held up as if to say, "what do you think?" It may be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Logan told me that she does it more when she is being sung to or while dancing with one of us. Logan turned on some music and I danced with Finlei. She began to sing and smile. As I spun around in slow circles with my beautiful blue eyed daughter I saw in my mind a vision of dancing with her at her wedding. No man will ever be worthy of what she is to me. Tears flooding my eyes I spun circles with my daughter and she sang and we both smiled.

1 comments:

The Ranch Family said...

I've always liked the way Michael likes to sing. And now Finlei too! She liked me Wednesday! It was so fun to see her smile. She is beautiful!