BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kids

I just got back from Spokane today. When I am over in Spokane working I have a lot of time on my hands. A lot of time to miss my family, and a lot of time think. Most of what I think about (when not trying to persuade businesses to advertise) is how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. My job gives me the opportunity to meet many many people. Most are curteous and friendly, but many are not. I get to see how a wide variety of people interact with their friends, coworkers and families. I have come to realize that my family, both immediate and extended, is quite unique. My children, neices and nephews, cousins and second cousins, etc... are well raised, and taught the important things in life. We all find ways to screw up and most of us have gone through stages of our lives that we are not proud of. (well... not me but the rest of you have. I've seen it. :) Despite our screw ups, we all have a deep and abiding foundation of a love. I have seen, more often than I can state, unfailing compassion and generosity from everyone from the youngest to the oldest. I guess what inspired me to right this is that I am surrounded by so many wonderful people, that I didn't even realize how wonderful until having to deal with so many of those that are not. Thank you all for being wonderful!!!!

1 comments:

One Step at a Time said...

You are so right about the family. I'm Jamie's oldest cousin, and my name is Karen also. The family has always been that way. I read that you sold advertising. Newspaper? Radio? Broadcast? Something else? I work for the advertising department of a small cablevision company. Fortunately, I'm a copywriter and I help schedule commercials - I don't have to sell the ads. I love your blog, and love reading about the family and the kids. And that is a great picture of Terry and the baby.